Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scouting the Divine


I just read a book called Scouting The Divine by Margaret Feinberg. I saw Margaret speak at a MOPS conference last year and I really liked her. I finally got her book for Christmas and loved it. If you are looking for a new view on scripture, I suggest you give it a try. In the Book, Margaret takes you on a journey to visit a shepherdess, a bee keeper, a farmer and a master vintner and all to rediscover what Jesus was saying so many times in the bible. Margaret jokes about finding it hard to understand a "land over flowing with milk and honey" when she buys her honey in little bear shaped bottles. I really enjoyed learning about all of these different areas of expertise and realizing how Jesus was saying so much by using parables of shepherds and sheep and farmers and crops. It was a quick read with so much insight.

No comments: